Summer Trails Challenge Starts Saturday
The Gallatin Valley Land Trust challenges us every year to get outside and log our miles as part of the Summer Trails Challenge. This year it all kicks off on Saturday which also happens to be National Trails Day!
Every single mile that is logged is equivalent to $1 that is donated to Gallatin Valley Land Trust. This year's goal is 50,000 miles before June 26th. Miles can be logged on the trails by:
If the Gallatin Valley Land Trust is able to reach the goal they will use the money to help maintain our trails and our open spaces as well as create new trails. The money donated comes from a Community Match Pool of $50,000 that over 50 local businesses have donated too.
The Gallatin Valley Land Trust is advising to keep in mind the following when hitting the trials:
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance on the trail.
- Avoid carpooling with people outside of your home.
- Avoid high touch surfaces like playgrounds, trash cans, and bathrooms.
- Do not use the trails if you are feeling sick or have a fever.
- Consider wearing a mask, particularly on busy trails.
- Pack out trash and dog waste. Not all receptacles are being emptied as often as normal.
- Obey all leash rules.