COVID Safe Halloween Ideas for the Bozeman Area
With many of the annual Halloween events in the Bozeman area cancelled this year due to COVID-19, you may be looking for alternative plans.
Halloween is definitely going to look different this year, and it's very important that we protect the health of our community and its residents by finding safe and fun alternatives to large Halloween parties and door-to-door trick or treating.
Here are a few COVID safe ideas to celebrate Halloween this year.
- Plan A Small Gathering: Large parties are frowned upon, but having a small gathering with close friends and people you are around on a regular basis is a safer alternative to attending a large party with random people.
- Halloween Movie Marathon: Enjoy a family scary movie night with candy and popcorn. Purchase your favorite Halloween candy and enjoy a night indoors with your family.
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt: Hide Halloween themed toys and candy in your yard or neighborhood. It's not the same as trick or treating, but is a fun alternative.
- Make Halloween Inspired Meals, Treats, And Drinks: If you're looking for a great Halloween inspired meal idea, delish.com put together a list of ideas that are perfect for the entire family.
- Pumpkin Carving: Since finding a pumpkin at a pumpkin patch is out of the question, stop by a local grocery store and grab pumpkins for the entire family. A night of pumpkin carving is guaranteed to be a lot of fun. There are a lot of templates for carving that can be found online.
- Ghost Your Neighbors: "Ghosting" is a great way to celebrate Halloween when you aren't able to get together in person. Put together a bag of Halloween goodies and place it on the doorstep of friends or neighbors. Include a note inside that encourages them to ghost someone else.