Montana’s Favorite Streaming Service: It’s Not Netflix
There are more options for television streaming than ever before, but everyone has a favorite. However, it may be hard to choose just one when you have a whole selection of streaming options with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Hulu, Vimeo, Paramount, YouTube, Apple TV, and countless others.
TRG Datacenters analyzed TV watch data, and Google treads to find which streaming service is big in each state, including Montana. Interestingly enough, Netflix wasn't the most popular across the United States. Only three states came in with Netflix leading the way, and they were Colorado, Mississippi, and Massachusetts.
With over 160 million users and 300 hours of videos uploaded every minute, YouTube came in as the most popular service across the country. Though, Youtube was not the most popular in Montana.
Montanans prefer to watch Hulu. Idaho, North Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Maine, and Hawaii also choose to watch Hulu over other streaming services. For me, I tend to watch Netflix or HBO Max. Honestly, I forget about Hulu. . . and I feel like there are more commercials on Hulu.
See the full map of Favorite Streaming Services by State here.
Here are some interesting stats on streaming TV according to Comparitech:
- Cost and ease of use are the most important elements of a streaming service according to users.
- American users subscribe to an average of four video streaming services.
- Netflix has more than 200 million subscribers.
- YouTube has 2 billion monthly active users.
- Disney+ had 10 million users within a day of launching and 28.6 million within their first three months.