GVLT’s Summer Trails Challenge Reaches Goal
The Gallatin Valley Land Trust challenges us every year to get outside and log our miles as part of the Summer Trails Challenge. Every single mile that is logged is equivalent to $1 that is donated to Gallatin Valley Land Trust. This year's goal was 50,000 miles before June 26th and Gallatin Valley had to earn the money and log the miles. The total for this year was:
51,598 miles and still counting
Since Gallatin Valley Land Trust reached their goal they will use the money to helps maintain our trails and our open spaces as well as create new trails. The money donated comes from a Community Match Pool of $50,000 that over 50 local businesses have donated too.
WE DID IT!
Gallatin Valley, YOU ROCK! In three weeks, you logged over 50,000 miles, earning $50,000 for local...
Hitting the trail lately has looked a little different due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Gallatin Valley Land Trust is advising to keep in mind the following when hitting the trials:
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance on the trail.
- Avoid carpooling with people outside of your home.
- Avoid high touch surfaces like playgrounds, trash cans, and bathrooms.
- Do not use the trails if you are feeling sick or have a fever.
- Consider wearing a mask, particularly on busy trails.
- Pack out trash and dog waste. Not all receptacles are being emptied as often as normal.
- Obey all leash rules.