You Could Earn $100,000 a Year Working For This Fast Food Chain
Looking for a career change? You might want to check this out.
Taco Bell has announced that for the first time ever, the company will be offering paid sick time for all corporate-owned restaurant employees. The fast food chain also plans to test a $100,000 salary for managers of company-owned restaurants in select markets. Previously, managers earned between $50,000 and $80,000 per year.
In addition to new perks offered to employees this year, Taco Bell is also committing to:
1. Make all consumer-facing packaging recyclable, compostable or reusable.
- By 2025, in Taco Bell restaurants across the globe, the brand aims to make all consumer-facing packaging recyclable, compostable or reusable. Recycling and/or composting bins will be added to all restaurants, where infrastructure permits, and PFAS, Phthalates and BPA will be removed from all consumer-facing packaging materials.
2. Continue to invest in its people, building leaders at all levels.
- Whether employees want to grow to run a $2 million business and oversee a team of 30 people or want to be the best team member they can be, Taco Bell offers something for everyone. Later this year, the brand will be testing a $100,000 annual salary for Restaurant General Managers of company-owned restaurants in select locations. For those who may not want to be in a manager role, the brand is introducing “Makers,” a program for restaurant team members who want to elevate their passion for the brand and want leadership experience. Additionally, starting January 1, 2020, all nationwide company employees can become eligible to receive at least 24 hours of paid sick time per calendar year. Through these initiatives, Taco Bell aims to enhance restaurant performance, employee satisfaction and support recruitment and retention.
3. Increase education support for fans and team members to keep pursuing their passions.
- The Taco Bell Foundation is awarding $6 million in Live Más Scholarships in 2020 to help fans and team members pursue their unique passions. This year’s awards will bring the Taco Bell Foundation to $17 million in total awarded scholarships since it first launched five years ago, well on schedule to meet its initial commitment of awarding $21 million by 2021. Those interested in applying should submit a two-minute video about their passion before January 23, 2020.
4.Strive to be the number one QSR for vegetarians.
- Taco Bell has always been a haven for vegetarians. After last year’s dedicated vegetarian menu with American Vegetarian Association certified items* launched nationally with new favorites like the Black Bean Crunchwrap, Taco Bell vows to continue providing the most vegetarian choices as well as find ways to make it even easier to order them, whether that’s on the app, in the restaurant or through the drive thru.