What You May Not Know About WinCo Foods
The new WinCo Foods is set to open on Monday, February 22, at 9 a.m. This will be their 3rd store here in Montana, and while they have over 130 locations overall, many of you may not be familiar with the store. Here are some things you may not know about Winco Foods.
- WinCo stands for Winning Company. Their name also contains the first letter of every state they originally called home.
- They DO NOT take credit cards. You can, however, use debit cards, cash, or EBT. WinCo Foods also accepts personal checks for the purchase of merchandise upon the condition that if your check is returned unpaid, you agree that the merchant may automatically debit your checking account for the amount of the check, plus $30 or the maximum returned check fee(s) permitted by local state law.
- At WinCo you bag your own groceries when checking out.
- A membership is not required to shop at WinCo.
- The Bozeman WinCo will be open 24hrs a day.
- Winco is an employee-owned supermarket. The company started an employee stock program 30 years ago, and according to their website, their employee program's stock values have averaged increases of 18% compounded annually since 1986. That means an employee who received a company contribution of $5,000 worth of stock in 1986 now has stock worth almost $863,000 from that one year alone!
WinCo is still looking to fill positions for their Bozeman store. If you're interested, you can find out more by clicking on the button below.
The Bozeman WinCo is located at 2913 Max Ave in the Target Shopping Center. WinCo has 132 stores located in California, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Idaho, Oklahoma, Texas, and Montana.
The company will also be opening a new Missoula, Montana, store on February 22nd on the same day the Bozeman store opens.