The President’s Stop in Bozeman: What You Need to Know
President Donald Trump is scheduled to make a 12:30 p.m. stop at the Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport. The president will be speaking inside one of the airport hangers before flying out for another mid-term campaign stop. It will be a quick visit, but thousands of people are anticipated to try and make it in to see the president. Here's what you need to know:
- Even though you have a ticket to the event that does not guarantee you a spot inside the hanger to see the president. Gates will open at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, but if you're serious about seeing the president you will need to arrive early. Some people on social media are saying they plan to arrive by 7:30 a.m.
- Access to the hanger where the president is speaking will be on Aviation drive on the south side of the airport.
- Parking for this event will be off of Airport Road. They have constructed a temporary parking lot at the corner of the Frontage Road & Airport Road.
- If you are flying out of the airport or picking up someone, airport officials are encouraging you to stay away from the Frontage Road and access the airport on Airway Blvd.
- Keep in mind, traffic around the airport area is expected to be heavy for several hours leading up to and after the president's visit. You will want to avoid the Frontage Road on Saturday if you are not going to the rally.