Join XL Country For Our 2021 St. Jude Radiothon
It's two of the most important days all year on 100.7 XL Country; the St. Jude Country Cares Radiothon. It's happening this Thursday & Friday, February 4-5, on 100.7 XL Country and on the XL Country app. We will be joining Country radio stations all across America in helping to promote and raise money St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
This year our motto is: We Won't Stop. Because cancer never stops, even in the middle of a pandemic that we currently find ourselves in.
While local hospitals are vital to the health of children in every community, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital has a unique mission—to generate the knowledge that will save the lives of hundreds of thousands of children who are diagnosed with cancer and other deadly diseases.
Some St. Jude Facts You Should Know:
- 81 cents of every dollar received has supported the research & treatment at St. Jude.
- In 1962, the survival rate for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), the most common form of childhood cancer, was 4 percent. Today, the survival rate for this once deadly disease is over 90%, thanks to the research and protocols developed at St. Jude.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent when the hospital opened in 1962 to more than 80 percent today.
- No patient ever has to pay for their treatment at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Whatever insurance does not pick up, St. Jude takes care of because no family or child should have to worry about money when they are facing cancer.
- St. Jude also shares their cancer research freely with hospitals and doctors all over the world. They are working hard to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent by 2030.
Thursday & Friday, we will be asking you to become a St. Jude Partner in Hope for only $19 a month. Your monthly donation will bring hope to families whose kids are fighting cancer. As a thank you, you will receive a special We Won't Stop t-shirt like Dave & Ally are wearing below.
You can help, too, by becoming a Partner in Hope for only $19 a month.
The St. Jude Radiothon takes many people to make it happen and we would like to especially thank our sponsors:
- Ressler Chevrolet - Title Sponsor
- Slabworks of Montana - Phone Bank Sponsor
- Town & Country Foods - Hospitality Sponsor
- Red Wing Shows - Online Donation Sponsor
- Bozeman's Rib & Chop House - Heart of Hope Sponsor
- Summit Dental - T-shirt sponsor