President Transported to Walter Reed Medical Center
This evening, President Donald Trump is being taken via Marine One to Walter Reed Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. The administration says this is all out of an abundance of caution, and shouldn't be viewed that the president's condition is worsening. His walk to the presidential helicopter before he left was strong and resolute. He did not talk with reports as he often does.
In the early our of Friday morning President Donald Trump tweeted out that he and the First Lady, Melania Trump, had been diagnosed with COVID-19. According to news reports, the president spent the day at the White House working, but he exhibited mild symptoms that included a fever and cough.
Walter Reed Medical Center has an entire suite designed for a president to work and conduct the business of the country while they are staying there.
The administration has emphasized that this move is so he can be near the best medical doctor and facilities should he need it.
How the president contracted COVID-19 is not known, although there is speculation he may have picked it up from a senior advisor, Hope Hicks, who the president had traveled with recently and had tested positive for the virus on Thursday.
There have many who have been tested who work or have been around the president recently. According to Fox News, the following have also tested positive for COVID-19.
- Senior White House adviser Hope Hicks
- Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel
- Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.
Administration officials and other Democratic and Republican leaders who have tested negative for the virus:
- Vice President Mike Pence
- Second Lady Karen Pence
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin
- Attorney General William Barr
- Democratic nominee Joe Biden
- Democratic vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
- White House Adviser Larry Kudlow
- Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett
- Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf
- White House adviser Jared Kushner
- White House adviser Ivanka Trump
- White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows
- Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Gen. Mark Milley
- HHS Secretary Alex Azar
- White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany