Poll Results: What’s Your Least Favorite Chore?
We all have to do them - chores. From growing up with weekly chores for your allowance to living on your own and doing all the chores yourself. They are a necessary evil. But some are worse than others.
So we wanted to know what your least favorite chore is. For me, I hate folding clothes. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe it's because it's so repetitive, but I avoid folding clothes whenever possible. Apparently, I'm not the only one who isn't a fan of laundry. 19% of respondents also chose laundry as their least favorite chore.
Other popular results were cleaning the bathroom and doing the dishes. I'll admit that before we had a dishwasher I would dread the dishes. When respondents were entering their own responses they stated that changing diapers and making the bed were their least favorite chores.
See how the results break down below.
Did You Know?
- The average person spends about 690 hours a year on household chores, according to a recent survey.
- 37% of Americans would give up alcohol forever if it meant they would never have to do housework again.
- 58% of women are mainly responsible for laundry.
- 59% of men take the lead on yard work.
- Research shows that involving children in household tasks at an early age can have a positive impact later in life.
- The average American spends almost 6 hours a week cleaning and doing housework.
- Laundry alone takes an average of one hour and 12 minutes per week, according to a recent survey.