My Mom Makes/Made The Best (Fill In The Blank) In Montana
Mother's Day Weekend is just a few days away and of course, it is a time to celebrate and reflect on all things "Mom". Let's be honest, being a mom is the hardest job on the planet and while we celebrate Mother's Day, we might want to consider making that Mother's Week. (Yes, I realize I'm kissing up)
I mean, most moms do it all, right? That certainly was the case for me growing up. My Mom was involved in every aspect of my life, even if I didn't want her to be.
As we get ready to celebrate Mothers Day, I thought it would be fun to ask you what your mom was or is the best at. My Mom was an incredible baker of pies. In fact, I would dare say that I've never had a coconut cream pie that compares to my Moms. So, I posted the following question on social media:
My Mom makes/made the best (fill in the blank here).
I really enjoyed reading all of the answers to not only find out what people's mothers were or are the best at, but I enjoyed seeing the love that folks have for their moms. Those moments in time become such a part of us and when our parents are gone, they are like a warm hug when we look back and think about them.
So let's take a look at some of the answers we received to our question "My Mom makes/made the best (fill in the blank here):
- "My Mom made the best Lemon Meringue Pie, it was my Dad's favorite" - Patti
- "Decorated cakes…she taught all four of us girls how to do it too!" - Susan
- "Kids! So darn thankful for 14 siblings" - Mary Anne
- "Mashed potatoes, spaghetti, shepherd's pie, sweet tea, hobo dinners, and gives great hugs" - Taylor
- "Scratch Blueberry Muffins" - Andrew
- "Rhubarb pie" - Bonnie
- "Fried chicken and hot rolls" - Patricia
- "Homemade Ceaser dressing! One mother's day my dad made it and he added an entire toe of garlic, instead of a glove. We told him never again was he allowed to make dressing lol" - Jessica
- "Pumpkin bars and fruit salad" - Alicia
- "Apple pie. Fried chicken which she learned from her mom...Mmmmm" - Dawn
- "My mom could plan for a family of five but ended up feeding nine. No microwave!" - Melan
- "Life for her kids in spite of many hardships!" - Loretta
I just love all of these so much. As I mentioned above, you can feel the love when you read these and I think it's safe to say that Montana is certainly blessed with some incredible mothers. So, to all of you wonderful moms out there, Happy Early Mother's Day.