An Early Look At Montana State Football’s 2023 Schedule
No matter what time of year it is, it's never too early to talk about Bobcat football and what the season might have in store for us.
Montana State Football had a stellar 2022 season by co-winning the Big Sky Conference and beating its in-state rivals the University of Montana with ESPN's College Gameday being present. The Bobcats sadly fell short to the eventual FCS National Champions South Dakota State in the Semifinals, but the team should hold their heads high.
The 2022 season was incredible, but what does the 2023 season have in store for the team and fans?
The Montana State 2023 football schedule is officially done, and just glancing at the matchups, the Bobcats could run the table and win the conference again.
- Saturday, September 2nd, versus Utah Tech-Formerly Dixie State, the Utah Tech Trailblazers are an FCS team in the Western Athletic Conference. This game will most likely be the annual Gold Rush Game, and Montana State should be the heavy favorite.
- Saturday, September 9th, at South Dakota State-The Bobcats will be heading back to Brookings to face the defending national champions in a grudge match. Many people will see this game as a potential FCS national championship matchup.
- Saturday, September 16th versus Stetson-The Stetson Hatters will be traveling from Texas to Bozeman for this game. This game will be the final nonconference game for the Bobcats and should be a nice tuneup before going into the Big Sky Conference slate.
- Saturday, September 23rd, at Weber State-Weber State will try to avenge their two losses in 2022 against the Bobcats. This game will be a massive test for the Bobcat team.
- Saturday, September 30th, versus Portland State- The Vikings will head to Bozeman for a matchup that many will see as a cakewalk. Other folks will see Portland State as a potential trap game.
- Saturday, October 14th, versus Cal Poly- After a bye week, the Bobcats will face off against Cal Poly, who had a rough 2022 season. Another potential trap game for the Bobcats.
- Saturday, October 21st, at Sacramento State- The Bobcats will head to California to play against the team that shared the Big Sky Conference title with MSU. Sacramento State lost their coach to Stanford and some of their star players to the transfer portal. We will have to see if they are in rebuild mode or contenders.
- Saturday, October 28th, at Idaho- The Bobcats will head to Moscow to battle another 2022 FCS playoff team in the Kibbie Dome. The Idaho Vandals were a big surprise in 2022 and need to keep the momentum going in 2023.
- Saturday, November 4th, versus Northern Arizona- The Lumberjacks will be heading to Bozeman for a late fall game that will be huge for the Bobcats. Northern Arizona has been a thorn for Montana State for years.
- Saturday, November 11th, versus Eastern Washington- The Eagles will come to Bobcat Stadium for a crucial late-season game that everyone should watch. Eastern Washington needs to have a bounceback year in 2023, and winning in Bozeman will help.
- Saturday, November 18th, at the University of Montana- The Brawl of the Wild game will be must-watch TV. The Bobcats have won five of the past six matchups, and the Griz want bragging rights over MSU. This game could determine who wins the Big Sky Conference.
Looking at the Montana State 2023 schedule and what players are returning or added to the squad, the Bobcats should finish with at least ten wins.
Bobcat football fans want to see the team finish their goal and win the FCS National Championship, and 2023 could be the year to do it.
For more details, check out MSU Football.