Help XL Country ‘Can the Griz’ November 3-17
It's time again to Can the Griz, And we need your help! The 19th annual Can the Griz food drive will be held Saturday, November 3rd thru Saturday November 17th. It's our annual off-field competition between Montana State University and the University of Montana to see which school can collect the most donations for its local county food bank leading up the annual Cat-Griz footbal game.
Last year we took a heartbreaking loss. MSU and the Bozeman community donated a record 257,336 pounds of food plus approximately $131,757 to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank. However, the University of Montana and Missoula community also raised a record amount for the Missoula community's local food bank. Donations from UM and the Missoula community totaled 255,070 pounds of food plus $139,008.
Here's how the XL Nation can help us Can the Griz this year:
- Join Dave & Ally at their annual 12-hour Can the Griz Food Drive at Town & Country Foods on 19th Ave, Friday, November 9, from 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. Last year we raised close to $30,000 pounds of food on one day.
- Look for and drop off non-perishable food items at collection bins at most supermarkets throughout the Gallatin Valley. Here's a complete list of collection locations.
- Bring your cans of food to the Bobcat football games on November 3rd & 10th. The MSU Office of Student Engagement will be with us at our tailgates at both of those games collecting your cans.
- Bring your cans to the MSU Men's basketballl game on November 6th and receive $5 admission. Collection bins will be located at game entrances.
- Make a monetary donation to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank. Last year we raised more pounds of food than the Missoula community did, but they beat us by getting just a little more in cash/check donations. You can write a check directly to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank or you can donate online by clicking the button below.
If you would like additional information, or to host a collection box, please contact the MSU Office of Student Engagement at 994-2933 or email email@example.com.
The winner of the Can the Griz competition will be announced during the Cat-Griz game in Missoula on Saturday, November 17th. Come on, let's Can the Griz! The Bobcats have successfully canned the Griz 15 of 18 years this competition has taken place.