Explore Bozeman’s Drinking History
The Extreme History Project offers an opportunity to learn about the the early people of Bozeman and how their stories impacted the town. They host walking tours throughout the summer season on a variety of topics like:
- Murders, Madams and Mediums
- Seeking Fortunes: Bozeman’s Historic China Alley
- Gracious Gables; Bozeman’s Historic Manors
- Family Matters: Bozeman’s Historic African American Community
- Ghosts of Bozeman’s Past: Bozeman’s Sunset Hills Cemetery
- Tents to Town: Bozeman’s Historic Main Street
- The Working Class Hero: Bozeman’s Historic Tracy District
- Upstream: Uncovering Bozeman Creek
This year they have a new tour, "Distilling the Past: Bozeman’s Drinking History," that will go through Bozeman's beer scene. Beer has always bee important in the city and on the walking tour you can hear stories of colorful characters in the city’s 19th and 20th century saloons and visit old breweries.
Tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for students and seniors.