Did You Know There’s a Social Media Alternative to Facebook & Twitter?
You're probably familiar with the popular social media giants like Facebook and Twitter. Perhaps, you're even familiar with Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, or Tumblr. But have you heard of Parler?
Parler is a social media platform that is similar to Facebook and Twitter and aims to be unbiased. Earlier this week, XL Country created a Parler account and we ventured into the new social media platform.
So what do you need to know about Parler? Here are seven things to know about this new social media platform:
- Give us a follow at @XLCountry - Just like Twitter you can Follow people and things that interest you.
- Parler is a "free speech" alternative to other social media platforms. Due to the unbiased goal of the service, it has been widely popular with conservatives.
- There is not a "Like" button. Though similarly, you can "Vote" for a post you enjoy.
- You can "Echo" someone's post. Just like it sounds, you are basically Echoing what someone has already said. It's very similar to the "Share" button on Facebook or the "Retweet" button on Twitter.
- Posts are known as Parleys.
- Two of the most popular tags at Parler right now are #techtyrants and #stopthebias.
- Parler can be downloaded for free in your Google Play or Apple Store.
The United States-based network launched in August of 2018 and as of mid-2020 had 2.8 million users. In comparison, Facebook had 2.7 billion users in mid-2020.
Could this be the next big platform to take off? Only time will tell. Let us know what you think of this new platform and be sure to give us a follow.
Here Is How To Blur Your Home On Google Street View