Be Prepared For Winter In Montana
Is your family ready for cold winter weather?
Winter is right around the corner, and one of the most important things during a cold Montana winter is making sure you're prepared. Use this cold weather preparedness checklist to ensure you and your family are prepared for cold winter weather in Montana.
Have the following on hand to keep your home accessible when there is snow or ice on walkways and driveways:
- Snow Shovel
- Deicing compound (rock salt works great!)
- Sand to improve traction
Be sure your home has enough emergency supplies to get you thorugh at least three days:
- Bottled Water (One gallon per person per day)
- Food that doesn’t need refrigeration or heating (canned meats, etc.)
- Flashlights and batteries
- Prescription medicines
- Battery-powered radio
- First aid kit
- Clothing and blankets for each family member
- Cellular phone and emergency charger
- Pet food and additional water for pets
- Have a good supply of dry wood for your fireplace or wood-burning stove
Being prepared is the best defense against the harsh winters in Montana.