2022’s Best Summer Travel Destinations. Did Montana Make The Cut?
When I first read this, I was a bit shocked. We hear about how busy it gets here in Montana during the "tourist" season, prices of rental cars, flights, and hotels all skyrocket. So where do we stand, having Yellowstone National Park within an hour, when compared to the rest of the United States? You will be shocked.
According to Wallethub, well...we don't rank at all.
So you are telling me, out of the top 100 Best Summer Travel Destinations, Montana doesn't rank AT ALL? I find this very hard to believe, and if you were to ask the people that live here year-round, I think they would agree.
Literally millions of people travel to Yellowstone National Park each year, setting record after record, year after year. So to not even make the top 100 doesn't seem right.
These are the factors that Wallethub kept in mind when figuring out their statistics:
1. Travel Costs & Hassles- Ok so maybe Bozeman isn't the cheapest airport to fly into, I get it.
2) Local Costs- Well we know this is rather high, in fact, I was reading a Reddit comment the other day about the high cost of a "side dish". We have GREAT restaurants all over like Wild West Market.
3) Attractions: To be honest, we have Mountains and Yellowstone National Park. (shhh...I don't want to tell everyone about all the other beauties)
4) Weather: Last year was hot and smokey, but I would say that our summers are quite nice here. Better than constant rain like in Florida and Washington. Right?
5) Activities: We have a lot of restaurants, although as far as amusement parks, basketball courts, and beaches, all things they took into account when making this poll, we do lack in I suppose.
6) Safety: I am just going to leave this blank. I mean, do I feel safe? Yes. Are there some questionable things that happen around the state? Yes. But that is everywhere.
So after I have read this, and gone over the fact that we are not a huge city that can accommodate hundreds of thousands of people daily, maybe this is actually accurate. BUT then I think if we have millions of visitors yearly, how can we NOT make this list.
What do you think, did we get jipped? OR is this accurate?