What Things Are Missing In Bozeman?
Twenty-six years ago I moved to Montana to get away from everything about California. My previous home state.
If their current actions are any indications I made the right choice to get out while I could. They’re getting more wacko by the day down there.
However, there are some things I do miss. It was cool to have big league baseball and football. My wife and I used to have lunch at SeaWorld.
But all those things were worth giving up in order to realize the small town, laidback, lifestyle of Bozeman, Montana.
But I’m sure there are some things we could add to Bozeman that wouldn’t compromise our small town feel and culture.
Things I’d Add To Bozeman
Here are a few things I’d like to see in Bozeman to make it just a little more enjoyable.
- Move heaven and earth to get the College National Finals Rodeo (CNFR) back in Bozeman where it belongs.
- We need more year-round barbecue or meat smoking contests. These could be great fundraisers for local groups.
- We have enough microbreweries to have a microbrewery beer festival.
- We have gun shows but what about shooting contests? Quick draw, short range, long range, target, etc. If we have them they’re not well publicized.
- Are we big enough for our own Comedy Club?
- With our vast, local, open spaces what about “Forest Bathing.” No, it’s not carting your bathtub out to the woods. Click on the link for more. It could work here.
Some Final Thoughts
There are tons of things that affect what we do without changing who we are. I’m sure our readers have many good ideas that would make the last best place on earth even better. What are some of your ideas?