Weird Fact: Gallatin County Has 24 Private Schools
From PreK to high school, the Bozeman area is chock full of private schools. I had no idea there were this many.
Granted, several on the list are Montessori schools but it still surprised me to see so many. We gathered this list from the Gallatin County Superintendent's website.
Also interesting - there are over 650 kids who are home schooled in Gallatin County although, notification of home school enrollment before age 7 and after age sixteen is not mandatory so that number might not be 100% accurate.
According to Private School Review:
- The average private school tuition in Montana is approximately $8,165 per year (2019-20)
- The private elementary school average is $9,873 per year and the private high school average is $7,312 per year.
- The private school with the highest tuition in Montana is Bozeman Field School, with a tuition of $18,500.
Here is the full list of area private schools as listed by the Gallatin County Superintendent:
- Big Sky Discovery School (PK-12)
- Bozeman Christian School (K - 12)
- Bozeman Montessori (to 6 yrs old)
- Bozeman Summit School (PK - 6)
- Children's Development Center (PreK - K & After School & Summer Programs)
- Cottonwood Day School (1-5)
- Divine Mercy Academy (PreK - 12)
- Emerge (6-12)
- Great Beginnings Montessori (PreK - K)
- Greenwood Academy (PreK - K)
- Headwaters Academy (6 - 8)
- Hearts & Hands Montessori (Ages 2 to 6 & summer programs)
- Heritage Christian School (K - 12)
- Highland Montessori (PreK - K)
- Learning Circle School (PreK - K)
- Manhattan Christian School (PreK - 12)
- Middle Creek Montessori (Ages 2 to 12)
- Mt. Ellis Elementary Academy (PreK - 8)
- Mt. Ellis High School Academy (9-12)
- Petra Academy (PreK - 12)
- Secret Garden Montessori (PreK - K)
- Sourdough Montessori (3 to 6 yrs old)
- Yellowstone Montessori (Age 3 to 4th grade)
- World Family (PK - 1 Multi-age Waldorf)