Bozeman High Students Volunteer on MLK Day
For the first time Bozeman High students have off Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and they are choosing to spend it helping the community. The students are honoring MLK's words "Everyone can be great because anyone can serve," by giving back.
During this day of service the students will:
- Assemble 3,000 outreach kits to promote HRDC’s Gallatin Valley Food Bank's Healthy KidsPack
- Package and organize various items for the Warming Center
- Write birthday and well wishes cards for all HRDC customers
- Assemble activity packs for families visiting any HRDC program
- Organize supplies for Bozeman High's “the shelf,” a program that assists youth experiencing homelessness
The service day event is a coordination between a committee of Social Studies teachers that have been working with various clubs, like the Student Council, Human Rights Club, National Honor Society, and more. Bozeman High is expecting fifty to 100 students to participate on MLK Day.