Am I Registered to Vote in Gallatin County? How to Make Sure
If you're not 100% sure or if you've changed your mailing address, it's crucial to find out if you're registered to vote in Gallatin County. Here's everything you need to know and how to check.
Avoid Election Day lines by making any changes to your voter registration now. It's incredibly easy to do. Even if you're not registered at all, we can get that done here too. First things first, if you're unsure:
CHECK HERE TO SEE IF YOU'RE REGISTERED TO VOTE IN GALLATIN COUNTY
At the above link, you can check things such as: If you are registered to vote, your voter registration address, the location and directions to your county election office, If you are on the list to have ballots mailed to you, the status of your mailed ballot, and see a sample ballot. THE ABOVE LINK IS VALID FOR ALL COUNTIES IN MONTANA.
- Seventeen-year-olds with birthdays on or before Election Day on Nov. 8 can pre-register now.
- Regular voter registration for the upcoming general election closes at 5 PM on Tuesday, Oct. 11.
- The late voter registration period begins on Wednesday, Oct. 12. During late registration, you must appear in person at the election office to register to vote or make changes to your current registration.
- Late registration ends at noon on Monday, Nov. 7.
- Then same-day registration is available on Election Day from 7 AM to 8 PM.
FYI FOR STUDENTS: "A valid student ID is now an acceptable form of identification. Students can provide their current student ID to vote – no additional ID required." (per the Gallatin County Election Office)
If you have any questions about the upcoming election or the process, check Gallatin Votes. It's very handy website that includes Mill Levy information, voter FAQs, how to be an election judge, and details about Election Day such as "Ballots must be in our possession—either in the office or at a place of deposit—by 8 PM on Election Day."
In November 2022, Montanans will send two representatives to Washington for the first time in more than two decades. Want to see what the congressional districts look like?
The Gallatin County Elections Office is located at: 311 W. Main Street, Room 210, Bozeman, MT 59715 or call 406-582-3060.