A Walk In Bozeman To Remember Those We Love And Cherish
It is so easy to get distracted in life, we often forget that things are not the same for everyone. Almost everyone can say they know someone, or have heard of someone, or even someone close to them who had or are dealing with Alzheimer's. Some may not be familiar with it. When I was trying to explain exactly what it was to my 13 year old, I realized how much more there is to it, than even I realized.
Way To Go Bozeman! Raising over $62,000 for this incredible disease!
Recently a walk took place in Bozeman and the money they raised for the walk was incredible. There were other events going on in town and that did not stop these individuals from getting out, walking proud, and remembering the people who have been impacted by Alzheimer's. Here are 10 facts about Alzheimer's so you can sign up next time and participate, with knowledge.
1. Right now, in America alone, over six million people are living with Alzheimer's.
2. This is a scary number, between 2000 and 2019, the number of deaths from Alzheimer's has increased 145%! That is absolutely INSANE.
3. One in three seniors, whether it's your grandma, grandpa, great aunt or uncle, will die from Alzheimer's or another form of dementia. This absolutely breaks my heart.
4. Almost two thirds of Americans who suffer with Alzheimer's disease, are, in fact, women.
5. Alzheimer's kills more people than breast cancer AND prostate cancer COMBINED.
6. This makes me mad and sad. More than 11 million Americans are providing UNPAID care for people with Alzheimer's or other dementias. This should never happen. We take care of our loved ones because we love them, that is what we are raised to do, and the fact that it is so financially wearing on us as caretakers, also makes the victims of this disease feel quilt and shame, and that should NEVER be the case.
7. In the United States, Alzheimer's and dementia deaths have increased 16% during the COVID pandemic.
8. 50% of our primary care physicians believe that the world of medicine is not ready for the steadily growing number of people with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
9. In 2021, Alzheimer's alone, will cost the United States $355 BILLION dollars! By 2050, that amount is expected to increase to $1.1 TRILLION dollars.
10. YOU can help. There are many different fundraising opportunities and donations sites to give to. Every dollar matters when it comes to the research of this terrible disease. The more research we can do, the more improvements of life will be had. Click here to join the fight!