4th Of July Firework Laws in Bozeman
The fireworks stands are open, and it's very tempting to start lighting things!!! But, you'll have to wait. Remember that fireworks can only be discharged in the city on the following dates and times:
· July 3 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
· July 4 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
· July 5 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
However if you are disturbing the peace of others, officers may have to stop the fireworks display. Fireworks can be discharged on private property with the owner’s permission.
Fireworks may not be discharged at the following locations:
· NOT upon any public street, alley, road, or right-of-way
· NOT within three hundred (300) feet of any public park
· NOT within 1000 feet of any hospital, nursing, or assisted living facility
· NOT under or upon a motor vehicle, whether moving or not
· NOT within 300 feet of any gas station
· Children should always be supervised when around fireworks.
· Children under 12 should not handle fireworks.
· NEVER pick up a firework that is a “dud”. Wait 20 minutes then soak with water first.
· Avoid areas that are prone to fires and have a fire extinguisher and water with you.
· Discharge fireworks in a manner that does not endanger life, limb or property. Don’t combine or use fireworks in the wrong manner.
· Follow instructions printed on the fireworks.
Celebrate the 4th responsibly. Don’t drink and drive. The Bozeman Police Department will have increased patrols over the holiday concentrating on impaired drivers.
HAVE FUN, and happy 4th of July!