Where to Recycle Your Christmas Tree
The Christmas season is over and it's time to take the lights and decorations off the tree. But what do you do with your tree? It's a little big to put in your regular trash can.
The City of Bozeman Forestry Division recycles Christmas trees to be composted and use as organic cover. If you're recycling your tree be sure to do the following:
- Remove all ornaments, lights, wire, twine, etc.
- Do Not cut the tree into smaller pieces.
- Only Christmas trees are accepted. No wreaths or garlands.
- The service is not for commercial businesses.
- No fake trees are accepted.
You can drop your tree off at the following locations now through the end of January:
- Gallatin County Regional Park, off of Oak Street
- BMX park on Tamarack (entrance on Tamarack Street)
- Christie Fields, off of East Mason Street
- Softball complex off of Haggerty Lane
Republic Service will be accepting trees at the following locations:
- Cashman Nursery at 2055 Springhill Rd in Bozeman
- Republic Services at 8600 Huffine Ln in Bozeman
- Lewis & Clark Park at E Central Ave in Belgrade
- Big Sky Community Park at Meadow Village in Big Sky
- Gateway Market Exxon at 76250 Gallatin Rd in Gallatin Gateway
- Across Main from Sir Scotts Oasis at 204 W Main St in Manhattan
- Three Forks Rodeo Grounds at MT-2
- West Yellowstone City Hall at 440 Yellowstone Ave
Enter your number to get our free mobile app