Quickest Way to Get Through Vehicle Registration
Tired of waiting in line at the Gallatin County Courthouse to get plates or your vehicle registration? The Gallatin County Government Facebook page has offered up some tips so you can avoid the lines and long waits:
- Make an appointment online here.
- Renew your registration online here.
- Recently purchase a vehicle from a dealer? Call ahead to make sure we've received and processed your paperwork - (406) 582-3080.
- AVOID: Lunchtime, Monday mornings, Fridays and the day before a holiday.
- Bozeman office has extended hours they are open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- There is a Motor Vehicle Department office in Belgrade (312 W. Main St) for added convenience.
- Remember: Driver's licenses aren't available at the courthouse and must be attained through the state. Details here.
If you have any questions you can call them at (406) 582-3000.