Not only is today the first day of August, but it's also #NATIONALGIRLFRIENDSDAY! Ladies, don't have a man? Fellas don't have a woman? Don't worry! The day was actually created for women to get together and celebrate friendship!
Here's what you should know about #nationalgirlfriendsday.
1. National Girlfriends Day is celebrated every year on August 1st.
2. It originated in the United States
3. It is a day when girlfriends get together to celebrate their special bond of friendship.
4. The day is not really about platonic relationships, rather “It’s a day that reminds us to cherish all the women we know – girlfriends, mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, etc. – who make our lives better.”
5. It is celebrated by going out to lunch spending time with your girlfriend/girlfriends.
6. To show that you appreciate those ‘girlfriends’ in your life, post on social media using #NationalGirlfriendsDay.