Happy Friday The 13th!
Happy Friday the 13th! Are you at all superstitious? Friday the 13th occurs when the thirteenth day of a month falls on a Friday, which superstition holds to be a day of bad luck. In the Gregorian calendar, this day occurs at least once, but at most three times a year. Any month's 13th day will fall on a Friday if the month starts on a Sunday.
Here are some bad luck things for today:
- Begin a new job or a trip
- Leave your hat on the bed
- Cut off both ends of a loaf of bread
- Flip your mattress
- Put new shoes on the table
- Walk under a ladder
- Pour water on a windowsill
- Plant potatoes
- Lean a broom on a bed
- Open an umbrella indoors
- Do housework
- Wear new clothes
- Cut your hair
- Sneeze to your left side
- Have a black cat cross your path
On the other hand, here are some good luck things:
- Cut your finger nails on a Friday to avoid a toothache during the month.
- Take candy to a friend during your first visit of the New Year.
- Make a wish when you see the first robin of spring. If it doesn't fly away before you finish wishing it'll come true.
- Pick the first violets of spring.
- When you set the table, place the salt down first.
- If you drop a spoon, expect friends to drop by soon.
- If your left hand itches, money will come to you.
- When you move to a new house, take a broom and a loaf of bread with you.
- Put a red bow on a newborn baby.
- Don't sweep dust out the front door or you'll sweep away good luck.