Gas Prices Dropping— Some Tips To Save Even More!
With the national average gas price dropping to $3.41 a Gallon some people don't realize there are a lot of little things you can do to save some money at the pump. Read inside for some tips so you can save some money at the pump.
1. Check your Air Filter, a clogged filter makes it harder for your car to get fresh air. The harder it has to work to get air the worse your mileage.
2. Check your tires, under-inflated tires can slow your car down and wear your tires wrong as well. Save money on gas and tires by making sure your inflated to the proper PSI.
3. Clean the junk in the trunk! That's right every little bit of extra weight can reduce your gas mileage. So get rid of those snow tires in the back seat!
4. Get a tune up. So the first three tips you can do yourself pretty easy, Get some new spark plugs and make sure all your fluids are full.
5. Tighten up that gas cap! Apparently their are a lot of cars without gas caps out their. Buy a new one because loosing those fumes makes the fuel go bad over time, bad fuel= bad gas mileage.
These are just a few tips that I've learned over the years. And possibly the best tip is to slow it down, if your not on a deadline take your time. Save yourself some money!