Drug Take-Back Day This Saturday
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE RISE IN LOCAL COVID-19 CASES. Expired or unused drugs can be dropped off at Drug Take Back Bins at these locations:
- Law and Justice Center, 605 S. 16th, Bozeman
- Bozeman Police Department 30 N. Rouse, Bozeman
- MSU Police Department
- Highland Park Pharmacy, at Bozeman Health Hospital (available during Pharmacy business hours)
- Belgrade Police Dept/City Hall, 91 E. Central Ave, Belgrade
- Manhattan Police Dept, 120 W. Main Street, Manhattan
- Three Forks City Hall, 206 N Main St, Three Forks (available during business hours)
- Big Sky Sheriff's Office, 650 Rainbow Trout Run (Available when a deputy is in the office or by calling 582-2100 and asking to speak to a Big Sky deputy)
- West Yellowstone Police Dept, 124 Yellowstone Ave., West Yellowstone
- Park County Sheriff’s Office, 414 E. Callender, Livingston
When was the last time you cleaned out your medicine cabinet? If you're like most people you have accumulated unwanted or unused prescription drugs that are hiding in the back. You've probably forgotten all about them.
These medicines that are lurking in the back of your home cabinet are susceptible to diversion, misuse, and abuse. According to the Gallatin County Sheriffs, Office Studies show "that a majority of abused prescription drugs are obtained from family and friends, including from the home medicine cabinet."
To address this problem, the DEA, Montana Drug Enforcement Administration. The Missouri River Drug Task Force, Community-Coalition on Drug Awareness, and the Elks Drug Awareness Program have teamed up for a drug take-back event. In Montana, last fall about 1,720 pounds of drugs were collected and incinerated by the DEA.
The Take-Back Initiative will be this Saturday, October 24th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. During the event, the public can bring unused, unwanted, or expired prescription drugs for safe disposal to the Law & Justice Center off of 16th in Bozeman. It is completely free and anonymous.