Bozeman Fire and Police responded to a local residence Sunday to find two patients suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide.  One of the occupants, an elderly female, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Upon arriving at the scene at 11:14 a.m. on December 29th, Bozeman Fire and Police along with American Medical Response immediately removed both residents from the home. The elderly female was pronounced dead and her death is being investigated by the Gallatin County Coroner’s Office. The second female patient was transported to Bozeman Deaconess Health.

The carbon monoxide exposure was due to a car that was in the garage and accidentally left running at the home located at 1120 W. Babcock. According to a press release, the investigation found carbon monoxide levels to be as high as 360 parts per million inside the residence. OSHA and the Centers for Disease Control list 50 parts per million as an elevated or dangerous level of carbon monoxide.

More From 100.7 KXLB