Bozeman Comes Together For Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the Bozeman community has teamed up to raise awareness.
The effort is called PNKBZN and Advanced Medical Imaging, Bozeman Health, Cancer Support Community, Downtown Bozeman Partnership, Montana State University, and Montana State University Athletics have come together to turn Bozeman pink.
More that 890 women in Montana will be diagnosed with breast cancer in 2019 according to the American Cancer Society. In addition the turning the town pink they are hosting a series of events:
- Oct. 1st - Pack the Place in Pink apparel goes on sale at the MSU Bookstore and Universal Athletic
- Oct. 1st - Stick a Fork in Cancer at Montana Ale Works at 6 to 8 p.m.
- Enjoy food and craft beer for the cause - tickets $40 each
- Oct. 18th - Annual Cancer Support Community Gala at The Commons at 6 p.m.
- "7 Wonders of Bozeman" Gala - tickets $125/person or $950/table (8 people)
- Oct. 19th - Warriors & Wine at the Gallatin Valley Mall 9 to 11 a.m.
- Group Yoga Event - tickets $10
- Oct. 26th - Pack the Place in Pink at MSU Volleyball Game vs Sacramento State in Shroyer Gym at 7 p.m.
- Wear your pink - tickets $3
- Oct. 26th - Pink in the Rink for the Bozeman Icedogs hockey game at Haynes Pavillion at 7:30 p.m.
- Wear your pink - tickets available at the door.
- Nov. 2nd - Pack the Place in Pink at Bobcat Stadium
- Wear your pink - tickets available at (406) 994-CATS
- Throughout the month of October Bozeman Health's mobile screening program is offering free health screenings, immunizations, and services to adults across southwest Montana. See the schedule here.