Bobcats vs Cal Poly: Game Notes & Info
The Montana State Bobcats head to the Central Coast of California to take on Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Saturday looking for their 5th win in a row. The Bobcats are 4-1 on the year, while the Cal Poly Mustangs are 2-2. Both teams are 1-0 in the Big Sky Conference.
Here's What You Need to Know
- This is Montana State’s first four-win September, and first start of 4-1 or better since the 2012 team started 6-0.
- Montana State’s win against NAU gives the Cats a modest six-game home win streak, the team’s longest since 2012-13.
- The Bobcats series with Cal Poly dates to 1958, when the Mustangs earned a 16-6 win in San Luis Obispo. Cal Poly star tackle John Madden was sidelined by an injury for that game.
- MSU is 1st in the Big Sky in rushing (275.0 yards per game), Cal Poly 2nd (257.8).
- MSU has rushed for 789 yards in the last two games without starting running back Isaiah Ifanse.
- Game time is 6 p.m. MT Time. Radio/100.7 XL Country TV/ ABC Montana/SWX Billings.
Montana State is back at home next Saturday for Homecoming. They'll host Sacramento State at 2 p.m. Let's go Cats!