Bobcats vs Albany in FCS Playoff Game: Game Notes & Info
The Montana State Bobcats host the University of Albany in the FCS playoffs Saturday afternoon at Bobcat Stadium in Bozeman. Here are some game notes and other info for the game:
This is the first meeting ever between the Bobcats and the University of Albany Great Danes. The Bobcats are ranked #5 going into the game. Albany beat Central Connecticut 42-14 last Saturday to earn their second round game against Montana State.
ON THE RECORD
• Montana State’s 3,241 rushing yards in 2019 is a school record
• Troy Andersen’s 33 career rushing touchdowns is 2nd-most all-time at MSU
• Bryce Sterk’s 13.5 sacks in 2019 is 6th in a season in Bobcat history
• MSU is 7-3 in home playoff games, all in Reno H. Sales/Bobcat Stadium
BIG SKY HIGHLIGHTS
• MSU’s nine turnovers lost is the fewest in the Big Sky and second-lowest in the FCS
• Troy Andersen is the first player in Big Sky history honored as a first team all-league selection on both offense and defense during the two-platoon era
• MSU has rushed for 2,662 yards in the last nine games (295.7 per game)
• RB Isaiah Ifanse has rushed for 248 yards and four touchdowns in his two games since returning from injury
• MSU fumbled four times against UM, recovering each, and has lost just 12 fumbles in the last 36 games
• The Cats allow an average of just 1.1 sacks per game
• MSU is 20th in the FCS with 7.5 TFLs per game, while UAlbany’s 7.1 per game is 36th
• Montana State has won nine regular season games against Division I competition for the first time in school history
• RB Isaiah Ifanse rushed for 100+ yards this season against both of MSU’s nationally-ranked foes (UM and SEMO)
• MSU’s O-Line has allowed just 49 sacks in the last 46 games
• OT Mitch Brott has started all 47 of his games at Montana State
• Game time is 1 p.m.. Radio is 100.7 XL Country/XL Country app TV: ESPN 3
• Tickets are available at MSUBobcats.com or by calling 406.994.CATS. Tickets will also be available at Bobcat Stadium prior to the game.
• Stop by our XL Tailgate across from the Bobcat tickets booth on the northside of Bobcat Stadium starting at 10 a.m.