Autumn Is About Here; It’s Time For Hay Rides
We've turned the calendar to September and that means that Autumn will not be far off. It's the time of year to watch the colors in the valley change, go pick out a pumpkin or two at a local pumpkin patch, or take the family on a hay ride.
Sunrise Pack Station offers hay rides in the fall on their farm minutes from Bozeman on Manley Road along the East Gallatin River.
Hay Ride Info:
- Rides can either be a half-hour or an hour.
- The hay wagon seats 14 people.
- Hour Ride stops in the woods for a campfire and hot cider or chocolate.
- Rides leave on the hour.
- Call to make reservations at 406.579.9642.
- Half-hour Rides, Adults $12/Kids $7, Lap Sitters: 5 and under $2
- Full-hour Rides, Adults $20/Kids $10, Lap Sitters: 5 and under $2
- Military and Senior discounts are available.
Hay Ride Times
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Before the hay rides, show up early and you can pet some of the horses, take some pictures on the farm with their scare crow at the red farm wagon, or let the kids play in the sand with the vintage Tonka Trucks.
For more info on activities provided by the Sunrise Pack Station call 406.579.9642 or visit SunrisePackStation.com.
Just a heads up that the Sunrise Pack Station also offers sleigh rides in the winter. You can enjoy a Christmas ride bundled up on a sleigh pulled by two draft horses. The ride includes a stop for a hot chocolate next to a warm campfire with stars overhead and the Bridger Mountains in the background.