8 Montana Authors To Gift This Holiday Season
When gifting this holiday season, many of us like to try and gift something that represents who we are and where we come from. Montanan's are proud and that is a wonderful thing.
When you meet someone who is from Montana, born and raised, they have a completely different stance about them. They stand strong. They stand proud. And they let you know it.
When you are reading something written by an author who has spent their entire life here (or at least nearly their entire life), you can feel it in their words. The way they describe the land, the people, and the wilderness, is something out of state authors struggle with.
Here are 8 Montana authors who will not disappoint this holiday season.
- Sullivan has worked with my favorite author of all time, James Patterson on five books. When he isn't skiing and enjoying the beauty of Montana with his wife, he is working on his next #1 best seller.
- If you are looking for a book that makes you feel good, gives you hope, and reminds you that the everyday struggle will continue to make you a stronger person in the end, Powner is the perfect fictional author for you. Residing in the quiet town of Manhattan, MT, Powner will continue to bring thoughts of redemption to each and every one of her books.
- Doig is a third generation Montanan. His life is full of experiences on many different levels including working on a ranch, delivering the newspaper, and indulging in the beautiful Montana wilderness. These are just a few reasons why Doig is so successful. English Creek, Dancing at the Rascal Fair, and Ride with Me, Mariah Montana, are just a couple of Doig's publications.
- One of Montana's most profound Indigenous writes, Welch is able to give a first hand look into life on a Montana reservation. A sight most of us will never experience or understand. Killing Custer: The Battle of Little Bighorn and the Fate of the Plains Indians, is one of Welch's most profound books to date.
- Born in Billings, Budewitzs take food and mystery and turns it into the type of book you just can't put down. She has two acclaimed series, The Spice Shop Mysteries and Food Lovers’ Village Mysteries.
- A Vietnam vet, Fromm has written books that have a completely different feel than some of his fellow authors. In 2003, Fromm's As Cool As I Am, was featured on the big screen featuring multi-award winning actress Claire Danes.
- Blunt's memoire Breaking Clean is a local favorite. Taking her life growing up on a ranch here in Montana, Blunt puts her experiences into pages and pages of endless perfection. From arranged marriage to breaking all traditions and finding herself once again, Breaking Clean is a must read.
- In 1973, Quammen took a life changing journey into Montana, which he calls home, and used his insight and words to describe Montana's beauty in a way that was impeccable. He has been featured in numerous publications such as Outside Magazine, National Geographic, Harper’s, Rolling Stone, The New York Times Book Review, and The New Yorker. Quammen has 15 books to choose from.
Keep these authors in mind this year when you are looking for the perfect stocking stuffer for the book worm in your life.
Children's Books by North Dakota Authors
Top Ten Living Authors Whose Books have been Made Into Movies
Must Read Books From Wyoming Authors
Gallery Credit: Glenn Woods