Are Montana’s Breweries Great? The World Beer Awards Says Yes
We all knew Montana craft beer was fantastic, but this proves the point.
If there is one thing many Montanans are proud of, it's the high-quality craft breweries spread throughout the state. Where ever you are in Montana, you will most likely find a brewery nearby. You can find breweries in the biggest cities in Montana or small towns of less than 500 people. Locals love their craft breweries.
We talked recently about what could be the best brewery in Montana, but how do Montana breweries stack up in the world? We have that answer.
The World Beer Awards announced the winners for every type of beer you could imagine, and multiple Montana breweries landed on the podium.
Here's every Montana brewery that won an award.
- Lewis & Clark Brewing Co.- The Miner Gold won the Bronze Medal for American Wheat Beer.
- Tamarack Brewing Co.-The Yard Sale Ale won the Bronze Medal for American Style Amber/Red Ale.
- Bozeman Brewing Co.- The Vieux Bois Lambic Ale with Cranberry and Raspberry won the Silver Medal for Belgian Fruit Beer.
- Lewis & Clark Brewing Co.- The Prickly Pear won the Silver Medal for their English Ale.
- Mountains Walking Brewing- The Sky Flowers IPA won the Silver Medal for the Best Experimental India Pale Ale.
It's incredible to see all of these Montana breweries from Missoula, Helena, and Bozeman win these prestigious awards. Even though any Montana brewery didn't win any gold medals, these breweries beat out thousands of other beers to land in the Top 3 of their respective categories.
We can't wait to see what happens next year because Montana is coming for the gold.
So who wants to try an award-winning beer soon? We have a few to check out.
For more details, check out the World Beer Awards.