A 12-year-old boy in Colorado had to be taken to the emergency room to remove a moth from his ear.

Wade Schlote said the pain from the insect being inside his ear was so intense he was screaming and crying.

After a few failed attempts at getting the moth out by drowning it and irrigating it, doctors finally reached into the boy's ear and pulled it out with tweezers.

Wade said that the moth was still alive and started flying around.

This story gives me the creeps, but it also brings to mind memories of friends and siblings getting stuff stuck in their ears and noses.  If I remember correctly, my husband Mike talked his sister into putting Cocoa Puffs up her nose.

What's the weirdest thing you've ever heard of getting stuck in noses and ears?

More From 100.7 KXLB