Want to Save and Restore a Historic Schoolhouse in Gallatin County?
There's nothing cooler than old, historic schoolhouses and the Gallatin Valley has one that needs our help. Have you ever been to Reese Creek just north of town?
You've probably driven by the Reese Creek Community Center many times when heading north on Springhill Road. That Community Center is the old Reese Creek schoolhouse and they're having a fundraiser party this Saturday, June 18th.
Let's put our money where our mouth is when it comes to preserving historic buildings around Gallatin County. This gem of a community center is an old schoolhouse that was founded in 1904.
In the last few years, the school has been showing its age and in December of 2019, a group of local residents formed a committee to assess the needs of the 1904 building. The committee began meeting monthly, hosting fundraiser events, reaching out to the community, applying & receiving grants and has managed to privately raise over $60,000 in cash & in-kind donations to date.
Dancing, live music, great food, gorgeous scenery and a locally-made goods filled auction are all included in this Saturday's event. This sounds like an old-school good time for a great cause. It's like taking a step back in time, during a time where everyone seems to be 'pining for the good old days'.
- WHAT: Country Dance BBQ Fundraiser
- WHEN: Saturday, June 18th, 2022
- WHERE: Reese Creek Community Center (13695 Springhill Road)
- This event is open to everyone and the whole community is invited to purchase tickets.
- TIME: Starts at 5pm, ends at 9:30pm-ish (Happy Hour starts at 5pm!)
- Live music featuring Ride Me Down, and Line Dancing instruction
- It's simply a fundraiser for the restoration and preservation of the Historical Reese Creek Schoolhouse / Community Center.
- TICKETS: Tickets $25 each or $40 per couple. ($30 and $50 at the door)
- (PRO TIP: Bring lots of small bills for tips and drinks...just our two cents)
Ready to dance under the stars? Come join us June 18th for an evening of fun to raise funds to that will go towards preserving this historic schoolhouse / community center. Live music by Ride Me Down, Local Meat supplied by Daniels Gourmet Meats and Sausages, Line Dance Instruction, Local Made Goods Auction, & more!
Happy hour starts at 5pm, dinner will be served 5:30-7:30pm, the band starts at 6:30pm, with the auction happening during the band intermission. (Cool, locally-made items and products will be featured in the auction.)