Sam Hunt’s Impact on Country Music
Sam Hunt is one of the biggest country stars in today's country music, and there are many reasons why.
First, here is a little background on Sam Hunt.
- Sam Hunt has written many country songs. Do you like Kenny Chesney's song Come Over? What about We Are Tonight by Billy Currington? Cop Car by Keith Urban? Love Somebody by Reba? Sam Hunt is credited as a writer for each of these songs, many of which are fan favorites in country music. Here is Sam Hunt's acoustic version of Come Over:
- Sam Hunt has been nominated, and won, many country music awards in the past year. These nominations and wins include the Grammy Awards, CMA Awards, ACM Awards, American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP) Awardsand, Billboard Music Awards, and many others.
- Sam Hunt has opened for some of your favorite country artists like Kenny Chesney and Luke Bryan. Not just anyone can open for Kenny Chesney and Luke Bryan.
- In 2015, Sam Hunt ended the year with the #1 Song and #1 Album on the Billboard Country Year End charts...in his first year in country music.
- I have had the amazing opportunity to meet artists while in radio, and Sam Hunt was as nice and humble as anyone I have ever met. Even if you don't like his music, his personality, love of music, and humble attitude are worth liking.
Love him or hate him, Sam Hunt has done something that is difficult to do, and that is become one of the most popular and successful country artists in a little over year. His songs and his writing have catapulted him into becoming a mega country star.
Sam Hunt isn't afraid to create his own sound and push the limit with his music. Many feel like his music is not "country music", but music is more than just the instruments, rhythm, or delivery. It's about the lyrics. Sam's song, Break Up in a Small Town, sends a message that many people from small country towns can relate to. If you read the lyrics, without listening to the song, it's hard to argue that it's not a country song. Music evolves and artists have to adapt. Sam Hunt has arrived in country music, and he is here to stay.