My Five Most Anticipated Albums of 2016 (So Far)
2016 should be a great year for country music. Here are five albums I am looking forward to the most.
- Remington Granger Smith (Release Date March 4th, 2016) - Granger Smith is set to release his seventh studio album. I really enjoy Granger Smith, as well as Earl Dibbles Jr., so this should be a fun album. If "Backroad Song" is a preview of the album, I believe it will be pretty good.
- Fired Up - Randy Houser (March 11th, 2016) - Randy Houser's Fired Up will be his fourth studio album. His last album, How Country Feels, was one of my favorite albums of 2011. I always said "Like A Cowboy" was one of my favorite songs. "We Went" is the first single off of the new album, which features 17 songs, so I have faith this album will be very good.
- You Should Be Here - Cole Swindle (May 6th, 2016) - Cole Swindell's debut self-titled album was one of the better debut albums I had the chance to listen to. From "Chillin It" to "Aint Worth the Whiskey," I found many songs I liked. "You Should Be Here" is one of my favorite songs of 2016, so far, so I have high hopes for this album.
- Black - Dierks Bentley (2016) - We know very little about Dierks new album. What we do know is that it will include "Somewhere on a Beach." I do know that the title Black is his wife's maiden name. Dierks last album, Riser, was one of my favorite albums of 2014, so this album should be great.
- Ripcord - Keith Urban (2016) - Keith Urban will be releasing a new album, hopefully before he comes to The Brick on Aug. 4. Keith Urban's last album, Fuse, featured great songs like "Cop Car," "Somewhere in my Car," and "Raise 'Em Up." This album will feature "Break on Me" and "John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16," so I think this album is off to a great start.