Jesse’s Famous Game Day 7-Layer Bean Dip Recipe
This 7-layer bean dip is really easy to make, especially if you’re using store-bought ingredients.
Typically when I make this dip I just use canned refried beans. I do mix mine with some taco seasoning and a bit of sour cream to make it more of a bean dip, it’s easier to scoop with chips and is more flavorful.
If you have the time, I would recommend making your guacamole from scratch. I find that it usually works out better than store bought. Here is the recipe I use for guacamole.
First, you'll want to grab an 8x8 glass dish. I always use glass because it allows you to see the layers of the dip.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 medium green onions, chopped
- 2 ounces sliced black olives, drained
- In a small bowl combine the refried beans, taco seasoning, and 1/4 cup of the sour cream. Stir together.
- Spread the refried bean layer into the bottom of a square 8x8 glass dish or a pie dish. Smooth out the layer with the back of a spoon.
- Spread the guacamole on top of the refried beans. Smooth with the back of the spoon, then continue and do the same with the remainder of the sour cream.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, chopped green onion, and sliced black olives on top.
- Cover the 7-layer dip with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Let the layered dip chill for at least 30 minutes, serve cold with tortilla chips.