Heavy Rains, Flooding For Eastern Montana Counties Through Friday Night
"Aggressive river rise" due to several inches of rain is in store for counties in eastern Montana, with possible flooding through Friday night. Creeks, streams, and rivers are all at risk and residents should keep a close eye on powerful weather cells.
- FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT.
- WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues to be possible.
- WHERE...Portions of Montana, including the following counties, Big Horn, Carter, Custer, Fallon, Powder River, Rosebud and Treasure.
- ALSO IN MONTANA....A portion of northeast Montana, including the following areas, Daniels, Eastern Roosevelt, McCone, Richland, Sheridan and Western Roosevelt counties.
- Portions of north central Wyoming, including the following county, Sheridan.
- WHEN...From 6 PM Wednesday through late Friday night.
- IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
- Creeks and streams may rise out of their banks.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS... 1 to 3 inches of rainfall is possible through Friday night. This heavy rainfall could cause rivers and streams in the area to rise aggressively and possibly flood.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Monitor forecasts and be alert for possible Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Get our free mobile app
CHECK OUT THE USGS INTERACTIVE FLOODING MAP HERE
Flooding can be extremely dangerous, even deadly. According to Weather.com: "An average of 110 people were killed annually by flooding in the U.S. over the past 10 years ending with 2022, according to statistics compiled by the National Weather Service. Already this year, flooding has contributed to 26 deaths in the U.S. through early May."
Hot Air Balloon Rides in Montana: What to Expect
A step by step guide of what to expect during your hot air balloon ride in Montana, including costs, locations, how long you fly, where you take off, and where you land. We've got all the info right here, so you can have more fun. If you thought Montana was pretty on the ground...