Well, Day 2 is pretty much in the books. When I started this daily blog yesterday on Day 1, I thought it would be nice to chronicle the roughly two weeks we would have to shelter in place. However, with today's news of the president extending the social distancing guidelines until April 30th, it looks like I could be keeping this daily journal for awhile.

Here's How I Spent Day 2:

  • Up at 6 a.m., which is pretty much my regular routine on the weekends. James got up with me, so I got him his morning snacks and set him up with his favorite YouTube show Andy Schrock, while I had my coffee and checked the latest COVID-19 news on my phone.
  • About 8:30 a.m., I was in my office posting on XLcountry.com about the Logan Landfill closing when I received a text from Neighbor Jen. Apparently, she had left some goodies for me (YES! Still cashing in on my birthday) on the front porch. Thanks Jen for the blueberry muffins and brownie mix! Ok, confession: I wiped down the boxes once we took them out of the bag and then JT and I both washed our hands. Paranoid? Or just trying to do my part a be careful? I believe it's the latter.
photo by Dave Wooten
photo by Dave Wooten
  • After breakfast, Candice, James, and I took a walk around the neighborhood. We live in a subdivision but we're lucky to have a short walking trail on the backside that gives us an amazing view of the Bridgers. We saw some of JT's friends and I told him we could say hi, but we had to keep our distance. He said, "I know, coronavirus." We only saw a few people out walking. I guess everyone was at the M Trail or the Buffalo Jump. I saw pictures of the parking lots. Holy Cow!
  • It was such a nice day today, so we got to play some baseball in the backyard after our walk. Weeds are already showing up in the garden beds on the side of our lawn, even though we're supposed to get more snow this week. Also got a nice show from two red-tailed hawks (Crazy Horse wore a red-tailed hawk feather behind his head) that circled over and watched us play baseball for a few minutes. Pretty cool!
  • NAP!! I was beat, so when JT went down for his nap, so did I. And so did Candice. The Wooten family was tired from this sheltering in place. I woke up to find out that Joe Diffie had died from the coronavirus. Talk about stunning. He's one of the country artists I never met and never saw play a show, but was always on my list. "Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox When I Die" is one of the best country songs of all-time! RIP Joe . . .
  • Played another game of flip with James after dinner. The dude could play that game literally all day. Whatever you do, don't let your kids watch Andy Schrock (see above) on YouTube, or you'll be jumping out of your skin when your kid flips a bottle of Gatorade, unbeknownst to you, and it lands like a cannon behind you. This is why I'm becoming more grey.

Back on the show tomorrow after 3 days away. We're going to open up the phones from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m to allow businesses who have been hit hard by COVID-19 to plug themselves. Looks like this whole coronavirus thing is going to be around for awhile. Hang in there and stay well.

How's your shelter in place going? Email me and let me know!

More From 100.7 KXLB