Ridiculous Office Rules
I once worked for a whack job who wouldn't let you put anything on your desk. There was a strict dress code, and he was basically just a jerk. All things considered, your company probably treats you pretty well. Because they have the right to come up with all sorts of rules you'd have to follow, and in general, they probably show some restraint. (I hope!)
There was a discussion on the website Reddit.com about the most ridiculous office rules people had encountered. Here are some of the highlights:
- No moving the furniture . . . it violates union rules even to slide your desk over.
- No MUTTON CHOP sideburns.
- No popcorn, either cooked in the microwave or from outside.
- No cell phones . . . or even anything that looks like a cell phone in your pocket.
- No saying "bless you" when someone sneezes, since it's too religious.
- And a place where every desk had to be empty, except for a few select items . . . which had to be arranged in a specific way.
- Does your workplace have any crazy rules...that you're willing to admit??? Don't want your boss to see it, and get you in trouble!