Five Random Mother’s Day Stats About Presents, Meals, and the Salary Your Mom Deserves
I got new Simms Waders for Mother’s Day. I’m thrilled! My husband and kids take pretty good care of me!But of course, this time of year, there are a bunch of new surveys about Mother’s Day.
It’s almost like companies have realized they can turn your guilt about Mom into a marketing opportunity? Here are five random findings.
1. The average person believes their mom deserves a salary of $160,182 for all the work she does.
2. Two-thirds of people worry more about what to buy their mom for Mother’s Day than their dad for Father’s Day.
3. 10% of people will not be giving their mom a gift this year.
4. If you’re going to take your mom out to eat on Mother’s Day, make a reservation or go at an off time. Approximately 80 million of the adults in the U.S. will be going out to eat on Sunday . . . that’s approximately ONE-THIRD.
5. 55% of people going out to eat on Sunday will go out for dinner. 34% will do lunch, 30% will do brunch, and 12% will do breakfast. Yes, that adds up to more than 100% . . . because about one quarter of people will eat out more than once.
(Source: PR Newswire / Wall Street Journal / Restaurant News)