Family Wellness Screening Day At Bozeman Deaconess
I've gone to this before. It's a great, FREE, way to make sure you're healthy!
Health screenings are crucial to finding conditions before symptoms begin, so they are easier to treat.
On Saturday, March 31 from 7 am-1pm, Bozeman Deaconess will hold their annual Health Screening/Family Wellness Day at Bozeman Deaconess Hospital and it's your chance to get free and low cost preventative and laboratory screenings.
New this year: special fitness, nutrition, safety activities and screenings for children.
Children may be screened for vision, hearing and asthma at no charge. Visit a dermatologist and have a facial skin check. Bozeman Deaconess and Childcare Connections will offer bike helmet fittings—bring your child’s old helmet or purchase a new one at a reduced rate. Children and adults alike can visit our hand hygiene station and help stop the spread of germs that cause illness.
Bozeman Deaconess is also starting a new 4-week Family and Child Nutrition class and registration information will be available at Wellness Screening Day. Special activities for children include a special appearance by ‘Cryssy’s Characters’ who will make balloon animals and paint faces. Children will have fun testing their fitness level and have an opportunity to make—and eat—a healthy snack. Pediatric nurses will offer parents information about the importance of immunizations and speech-language, occupational and physical therapists will answer questions about child development.
Adults can take advantage of free health screenings and reduced price laboratory testing. Free adult screening will include glucose levels, bone density measuring, hearing, asthma, body mass index, oxygen levels and blood pressure measurements. In addition to having your lower extremities assessed for strength and alignment, those who are most at risk for peripheral artery disease (PAD) will qualify for an opportunity to have a follow up visit, for only $40, for a definitive test in our Radiology department. Dr. Melissa Wolf, Bozeman Deaconess Women’s Specialists, will be on hand with information about The Center for Medical Weight Loss at Bozeman Deaconess Synergy Medical, our new medically supervised weight loss program.
The following reduced price laboratory procedures will be offered. Please fast for at least 12 hours before the blood draw:
- A complete health panel which includes a comprehensive chemistry screening measuring Lipid levels, Cholesterol; Iron; Uric Acid; Phosphorous; TSH (Thyroid levels); CBC (detects Anemia). Cost $30.
- C reactive protein testing (a general indicator of inflammation, which may be used to predict your risk of developing heart disease). Cost $16.
- Prostate specific antigen test which is used to screen for and monitor Prostate cancer. Cost $20.
- Colon Cancer Screen used to check for occult blood in the stool. This check is a possible marker for colon cancer. Cost $15.
- A1c which gives your general average of blood sugar levels over the past three months (useful for monitoring long term diabetes control). Cost $19.
- Blood Typing which gives your blood group (A, B, AB or O) and your Rh type (positive or negative). Cost $20.
- Vitamin D levels. Cost $30.
- Homocysteine testing to determine if you are at increased risk of heart attack or stroke. Cost $19.
Detailed information is explaining each laboratory procedure and how you may obtain results at our website: www.bozemandeaconess.org/events or call the Health Information Center at 406-522-1644.