XL Country Teams up with BBBS for ‘Bowl for Kids’ Sake’
XL Country is excited to again be partnering with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Gallatin County for this year's 'Bowl for Kids' Sake.' The annual fundraiser helps support kids here in Gallatin County.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is a mentoring program with proven results. You can participate by raising money as a team or by donating money on your own. Why is this important? Independent national research shows that kids matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister for a year or longer have more success in avoiding drugs, alcohol, and violence. They also perform better in school, display greater self-confidence, and have better relationships with their peers and families.
Get a 5 member team together, raise as much money as you can, and then come celebrate by bowling at The Bowl in downtown Bozeman (Babcock & Church).
Here are the Bowling Days & Times
- Friday, Oct 3: 4pm
- Saturday, Oct 4: 4p & 6p
- Friday, Oct 10: 4p
- Saturday, Oct 11: 2p, 4p, 6p
- Sunday, Oct 12: 12p & 2p
- Friday, Oct 17: 4pm
Register your team and get pledge materials by contacting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Gallatin County at 587.1216. You can also visit their office at 15 South 8th Ave in Bozeman. You can also register your team online, HERE
Below are the Who, What, When, Where, How and Why of Big Brothers Big Sisters & Bowl For Kids' Sake:
Who is Big Brothers Big Sisters of Gallatin County?
- BBBS of Gallatin County was established in 1972 and has since grown in BIG ways and served hundreds and hundreds of Gallatin County children in its 43 years.
- All of the funds raised at our fundraisers stays right here in the Gallatin valley to serve Gallatin County children.
- Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages 5 through 18
What are we up to?
- We have 4 major fundraisers every year, Bowl For Kids’ Sake (BFKS) is our largest. Bowl For Kids’ Sake was established in 1991, we are going on 24 years of one of the most recognizable fundraisers in our community (and the nation)
- BFKS is held every fall and provides businesses and community members the opportunity to get involved in a unique way. Participants get together a team of 5 and ask friends, family, coworkers, businesses to support them in their fundraising goal. Each team is asked to raise a minimum of $500, although we have prizes for those who raise the most. Challenge each other and create friendly competition to see who can raise the most in donations.
- All of this hard work and dedication culminates in October, when the team turns in the $$ raised and celebrates with free bowling, Mackenzie River Pizza, drinks, snacks and prizes.
When is Bowl For Kids’ Sake?
- We are taking registrations now! The sooner your register your team, the more time you have to raise money!
- When you register your team, you choose a bowling date. The dates to choose from are October 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 17th. Everyone gets a tshirt, free Mackenzie River Pizza, free bowling, free beer (21 and older only, of course), free soda, cookies from Leaf & Bean, Santa Fe Red’s chips and Hot Mama’s Salsa.
Where do we Bowl For Kids’ Sake?
- BFKS is held at the Bozeman Bowl at 414 E Babcock Ave. (at the corner of Babcock and Church)
How do I get involved?
- Register your team online at www.bbbs-gc.org/bowl-for-kids-sake, call 587-1216 or stop in our office at 15 S 8th Ave in Bozeman
- Join us for our Kick Off Party on Tuesday, August 12th at Bridger Brewing. Stop by anytime between 5:30 and 7:30 to get all the info you’ll need. We will have packets (your fundraising material), tshirts, door prizes, free beer and appetizers. You can even register your team at the Kick Off Party. Bring a friend who’s never bowled and get extra entries into the door prize drawings!
- Fundraising is EASY! We have templates for email asks, phone asks and we even have an online donation website (First Giving) set up for you to take online donations.
Why should I get involved?
- We’ve been creating meaningful mentoring relationships with Bigs and Littles for 43 years and we are always looking for ways to grow!
- The work we do is so important and helps kids gain confidence, avoid risky behaviors and develop long-term positive relationships.
- You love to bowl!
- You love some good old fashioned friendly competition!
- This is an easy, fun and unique way to show your support for a local non-profit who does work in your community.
- All of the money we raise stays right here in your community.