Winter Weather Advisory Continues Until 5am Sunday
* Timing and main impact… periods of moderate to heavy snow will
continue through the evening hours. Expect snow and ice covered
roads. Expect a layer of ice to develop underneath most snow
covered roads… as pavement temperatures fall below freezing.
Motorist should greatly reduce their speeds… make sure you
leave plenty of distance between you and the vehicle ahead of
you… and allow plenty of extra time to reach your destination
* Snow accumulations: 2 to 4 inches in the valleys… and 4 to 8
inches in the mountains.
* Winds and visibility: northwest winds at 10 to 20 mph over
mountain passes will produce areas of blowing and drifting snow.
Expect widespread visibilities of less than one half mile at
times through the evening hours.
* Additional impacts: some roadways in the Ennis area now require
chains on towing units this evening.
* Locations affected include: Battle Ridge Pass… Bozeman…
Bozeman Pass… Targhee Pass… West Yellowstone… Ennis… Norris
Hill… Raynolds Pass… Monida Pass.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities… and use caution while
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana… dial 5 1 1.