Winter Storm Warning For Bozeman Area This Weekend!
Be prepared for snow and bitterly cold temps throughout the weekend! Road conditions are obviously not going to be great! Below is the latest forecast from the National Weather Service along with a link for up to date road conditions.
.. Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 PM MST
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow remains in
effect until 6 PM MST Saturday.
* Timing and main impact: periods of snow will continue through
Saturday afternoon. The snow will be heavy at times. Snow
covered roads and reduced visibility will make travel
* Snow accumulations: new snow accumulations today through
Saturday will range from 4 to 7 inches at lower elevations... to
8 to 12 inches in the mountains.
* Winds and visibility: visibility will be less than one half mile
at times. Winds will gust to 35 mph at times today.
* Wind chills: expect wind chills of 25 below to 40 below tonight
through Sunday morning. Frostbite can occur in less than 10
minutes with these wind chill values.
* Other impacts: the combination of snow... very cold
temperatures and wind chill will make outdoor activities
dangerous and result in extreme conditions for Young
* Locations affected include: Battle Ridge Pass... Bozeman...
Bozeman Pass... Targhee Pass... West Yellowstone... Boulder...
Boulder Hill... Elk Park Pass... Homestake pass... Whitehall...
Townsend... Ennis... Norris Hill... Raynolds Pass... Twin Bridges.