When Does Bozeman’s Music On Main Begin?
If you have ever spent a summer in Bozeman, then you have most definitely been downtown on a Thursday night enjoying live music, great food and drink specials in the middle of Main Street. Each Thursday from the end of June to the end of August, Main street shuts down from Rouse Ave. to Black Ave. and invites the entire town down for this wonderfully unique Bozeman soiree. This year's first Music on Main is June 28th. Mark your calendars!
If you are new to the Music on Main event spectacular or just need a brush up on the facts, see our need-to-know below.
- Main is closed from around 5pm to 9pm (Plan your driving routes accordingly!)
- Parking is near impossible near Main Street after 6pm (Best bet at this time is North of Lamme or South of Babcock)
- From 6:30pm to 8pm there will be games and activities for the kids provided by the Children’s Museum, Montana Outdoor Science School, Haven and other great organizations
- Between 6:30pm and 9pm you can stroll Main Street with open beverages! (Within the road blocks!)
- Main opens again to traffic at 9pm (If you're still out with an alcoholic beverage at this time you can be cited!)
- You can bring your own beverages (Be sure to get a plastic cup from the security guards)
- Music begins at 7pm and ends around 8:45pm
- Food vendors set up on main (Bring cash!)
- Bars have drink specials and extra workers to deal with the rush (Bring cash!)
- Music on Main lasts for 8 weeks (Every Thursday June 28th - August 16th)
- Dogs were banned last year, but there wasn't much enforcement (Expect more enforcement this year!)
More info can be found at DowntownBozeman.org (Not updated with this year's band and details yet but stay tuned)